Welcome to Year 2. Our class teachers are Mrs Brooks and Mrs Jaques. Our LSAs are Mrs Nicholson, Mrs Tatham and Mr Chulan. We also have Miss Steadman, who takes us for PE once a week, and Mrs Bithell who takes us for French and Music.
In year 2 we enable the children to reach their potential, achieving excellence, whilst nurturing spiritual and emotional development.
Our goals for the pupils are three-fold:
- Intellectual Thinking: An inquisitive and imaginative mind which gives pupils the confidence to think for themselves, to challenge ideas and to make well-informed decisions.
- Personal: Healthy resilient young people with the determination, ambition and self-confidence to pursue excellence in all they do.
- Social: Honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect.
We achieve these goals through:
- Challenging and inspirational teaching across a broad curriculum.
- Some interesting topics, developing key skills in a stimulating and engaging way.
Please click on the Autumn term newsletter link for further information on our curriculum.
As children become ‘free readers’ it is still vitally important that they share their reading with an adult at home. Spellings also need to be practised at home for the test each Friday. Each child has access to a range of subscription websites which support their learning and homework will sometimes be set on these. Details can be found inside their reading records.
Remember, if you have any questions please do come and speak to us. We are a friendly bunch!
Below is a short video explaining the KS1 SATs that our Year 2 children will be taking in May.