Welcome to Year 2. Our class teachers are Mrs Fletcher and Mrs Jaques. Our LSAs are Miss Jordan, Mrs Rossell and Mr Chulan. We also have Miss Steadman, who takes us for PE once a week.
In year 2 we enable the children to reach their potential, achieving excellence, whilst nurturing spiritual and emotional development.
Our goals for the pupils are three-fold:
- Intellectual Thinking: An inquisitive and imaginative mind which gives pupils the confidence to think for themselves, to challenge ideas and to make well-informed decisions.
- Personal: Healthy resilient young people with the determination, ambition and self-confidence to pursue excellence in all they do.
- Social: Honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect.
We achieve these goals through:
- Challenging and inspirational teaching across a broad curriculum.
- Some interesting topics, developing key skills in a stimulating and engaging way.
Please click on the newsletter link for further information on our curriculum.
Year 2 is the final year in Key Stage 1 and so your child will be assessed against the national standards (find the documents below) during the year. They will also be given the Standard Assessment Test (SATs) during May 2019. You will also find a list of non-negotiable spellings that your child will need to spell by the end of Year 2.
As children become ‘free readers’ it is still vitally important that they share their reading with an adult at home. Spellings also need to be practised at home for the test each Friday. Each child has access to a range of subscription websites which support their learning and homework will sometimes be set on these. Details can be found inside their reading records.
In Year 2 all children participate in Forest Schools at some time throughout the year. When your child is due to start the sessions you will receive information on the kit that they will require. Please note that it is a rule of Forest Schools that if your child does not have the correct kit on the day then they will not be able to participate in the session.
Remember, if you have any questions please do come and speak to us. We are a friendly bunch!
KS1 Standard Assessment Tests (SATS)
Below is a short video explaining the KS1 SATs that our Year 2 children will be taking in May.